Last Updated 2023-09-24
Questions and concerns regarding your privacy on this website should be directed to [email protected].
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
- Data Subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
- Child – a natural person under 13 years of age.
- We/us (either capitalized or not) – the owner(s) of techaddressed.com.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
GDPR Data Subject’s rights
Data Subjects subject to provisions of the GDPR have the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
How To Request Your Data
Data Subjects subject to provisions of the GDPR can request access to / anonymization of / deletion of data stored on this site’s servers via our Privacy Tools page.
Personal Data We Gather & Access
We aim to be as transparent about our gathering and use of data as possible. We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
- Personal data gathered directly via this website comes from blog post comments along with server and firewall logs. Personal data gathered indirectly via this website comes in the form of website analytics.
- Information collected includes your name, email address, comment, and optionally your website address – should you wish to leave it. This information is provided with consent of the user. Consent can be withdrawn at any time. Users can request their comments be anonymized at any time.
- Web server logs typically record IP addresses of all server activity, however, we have opted to anonymize all site traffic by recording everything but the last octet of the IP address. As a result, no personally identifying information is recorded in this website’s server logs.
- The firewall software that runs on this site’s servers also records IP addresses of threats that it blocks in it’s logs. However, the option to anonymize IP addresses in it’s logs – preventing the possibility of personal data being recorded – has also been enabled.
Some personal data is made available to us through third parties. Additionally, We do not share your Personal Data with strangers, however, some third parties have access to some of the data that we collect as a consequence of providing services to facilitate the operation of this website and it’s associated services or to enhance your customer experience.
- Plausible Analytics – As of February 2, 2023, privacy respecting analytics services are provided by Plausible Analytics. Plausible does not track users across devices or across the websites / apps that they visit. All measurements are carried out 100% anonymously – without the use of any cookies. Additional information on Plausible’s data policy is available on their website.
This website participates in a number of affiliate programs as a method of monetizing its content. We make mention of this here to bring attention to the fact that the only information typically shared with affiliate programs are a unique ID that identifies that we are the source of the referral they have received – such that any products or services purchased as a result of the referral are credited accordingly. We do not directly share any personally identifying information with third party affiliate programs.
How We Use Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide our service (this website) to you.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligations rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing.
- The further Processing would not harm your interests.
- There would be appropriate safeguards for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
How We Secure Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor and protect our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks through a software based firewalls as well as security features offered via the third party Cloudflare CDN service. Outside of server logs or data submitted via blog post comments – no personal information is retained within this website’s servers.
Additional protections are provided by discourage “brute force attacks” by limiting the number of login attempts allowed to the website administration before the person is forced to wait to attempt to login again, ensuring that website is not infected with or spreading malware through regular malware scans, and usin automated spam filtering tools to prevent readers from inadvertently clicking on malicious links contained within spam comments.
Data Retention Period
- Comments submitted to this website exist on the site indefinitely. Users can at any time request that their submitted comments be anonymized.
- Server and firewall logs are retained for up to 60 days upon which time they are purged from the system.
This website is not intended to be used by children and does not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our content/services. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, this information will be immediately deleted. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us as described above.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions. You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
This website makes use of only a single cookie.
|__cf_bm||www.techaddressed.com / Cloudflare||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website.||1 day|
This cookie does not do any user tracking and is used solely for determining whether a visitor is a human or a bot.